Part 3: Setting up Monaca Backend¶
Table of Contents
In order to use Monaca Backend, you need to add jQuery library into your project. If you haven’t added jQuery into your project yet, please do as follows:
- From Monaca Cloud IDE menu, go to .
- Then, “Add or Remove JS/CSS Components” page will be shown. Select Add button of jQuery (Monaca Version) to add it to your project.
- In this dialog, you can choose which version of jQuery library you want to install. Then, click Start Install button. Next, click OK button.
- From Monaca Cloud IDE, click on Cloud icon above the file tree menu to go to the Backend Control Panel. Then, click Start Using Backend button.
- The following dialog will appear. You can create a new Backend, or select an existing one which is used in a different project. Then, click Apply to attach the Backend to your project.
- After attaching the Backend, your Backend Control Panel will look similar to this:
Collection is a general purpose storage to keep data in the Backend.
- From Backend Control Panel, click on Options Menu icon. Then, choose New Collection....
- Then, New Collection dialog will appear. Fill in the name for your Collection. Then, click Add button.
After you follow the above steps, you can now start creating your own applications with Backend support. Backend Memo demonstrates a step-by-step instruction on how to manipulate Monaca Backend in an application. Please refer to it and start coding your app with Monaca Backend.