Build Settings between Monaca and Xcode¶
Table of Contents
If you want to develop your Monaca app in both Monaca Cloud IDE and Xcode on your Mac OS X, you will need to synchronize the build settings (private keys and certificates) of the app you use in these two environments.
In this page, we will show you how to:
- Export the Build Settings from Xcode to Monaca Cloud IDE
- Export the Build Settings from Monaca Cloud IDE to Xcode
In case you’ve already had your build settings (private keys and certificates) in your Mac OS X (Xcode) and you want to export them to Monaca Cloud IDE, please do as follows:
In order to export the private key in Keychain Access, please follow the instruction below:
- In your Mac OS X, go to .
- Select Certificates on the left panel of the Keychain Access window.
- Right-click on the certificate you want to export and select Export “CERTIFICATE NAME”. Please make sure to choose the certificate that has a private key. Only the certificate which has a private key can be imported into Monaca.
- Then, the export screen will be displayed. Let’s save it as a private key by selecting the file format as
Personal Information Exchange (.p12), and then click Save.
- Enter a password for this private key, and then click OK. By doing so, a private key file with extension of
.p12will be created. Please take note of this password since you will need it when importing this file into Monaca Cloud IDE later.
- Now, right-click on the certificate you want to export again and select Export “CERTIFICATE NAME”. This time, we are going to save it as a certificate by selecting the file format as
Certificate (.cer), and then click Save.
In Monaca, you can register only one private key. If you are using different private keys for the developer and the distribution certificates, you will need to re-import the private key which is related with the certificate you are going to use.
In order to import the private key and certificate in Monaca Cloud IDE, please follow the instruction below:
- From the Monaca Cloud IDE menu, go to Import. . Click on
- Browse the private key file (
.p12file) and enter the password for that key. Then click Import.
- In the Register Issued Certificate section, click on Upload Certificate button to upload either developer or distribution certificates corresponding to the imported private key.
- Browse the certificate file (
.cerfile) and then upload it.
From Monaca Cloud IDE, the private key and certificate are exported as one file.
In order to export the private key and certificate from Monaca Cloud IDE, please follow the instruction below:
- From the Monaca Cloud IDE menu, select .
- In the Certificates registered in Monaca section, click on the Export icon of the certificate you want.
- Then, you will be ask to input a password before exporting. Please note to remember this password because it is required when importing this certificate later.
- After clicking Export button, you will then be able to download a file with
dev_certification_ios.p12). This file consists of a private key and a certificate.
- Double-click on the downloaded file. Then, you will be asked to input the password for the file and click OK. After that you can use the private key and certificate in Xcode.