Getting Started with Vue 2 & Onsen UI 2 Template¶
Table of Contents
The new Vue with Onsen UI template is a great way to approach mobile development and can easily be integrated with Monaca CLI in order to take advantage of all its features.
In this page, we will demonstrate how to import Vue with Onsen UI template into Monaca CLI.
Open a Command Prompt window (for Windows) or Terminal window (for Mac) and type the following command:
npm install -g vue-cli
- Create a new project based on the template by using the command below:
vue init OnsenUI/vue-cordova-webpack projectName
- Navigate to the project folder and run
cd projectName npm install
With Monaca CLI, you can:
- create new local projects, import or clone existing projects in Monaca Cloud into your host PC.
- develop Monaca apps with your favourite local code editors.
- debug your app either with Monaca Debugger or inspector integration.
- remote build your projects without any setups locally.
If you haven’t install Monaca CLI yet, please run the following command:
npm install -g monaca
In this section, we will briefly show how you could make use of Monaca CLI with Vue template. Please follow the instruction below to take advantage of Monaca’s features:
- Build the template for production and generate
- Run in development mode and load the bundles in memory with hot module replacement:
- Want to test your template on a real device? Install Monaca Debugger and run the following command:
- Then, you can build your template for either iOS and Android easily with this command:
These are just a brief view of what you can do with Monaca CLI. If you would like to learn more about it, please refer to the following contents: