Monaca CLI Overview¶
Table of Contents
Monaca CLI is one of the local deveopment environments which can be used to develop Monaca apps locally. Monaca CLI provides command line interface for using Monaca Cloud from your local PC. With Monaca CLI, you can:
- Create new local projects, import or clone existing projects in Monaca Cloud into your host PC.
- Develope Monaca apps with any local code editors you prefer.
- Debug your app with inspector integration.
- Support transpiler options for transpilable projects such as ReactJS and Angular2 projects.
- Remote build your projects without any setups locally.
Currently, it is available for the Vue, React and Angular2 templates. It can be triggered in two ways:
monaca transpile: runs the transpiler on the current project. If the
--watchargument is given, the transpiler will automatically run every time the source code is updated (and saved).
monaca preview: runs the transpiler in watch mode and starts an HTTP Server in order to display the app’s content.
Use the following command to install Monaca CLI:
$ npm install -g monaca
On some systems you may have to prefix the command with
sudo because of permission issue:
$ sudo npm install -g monaca
In order to check the currently installed Monaca CLI’s version, use
monaca command. Moreover, if you want to update Monaca CLI, just re-install it using the above command.